Lysine (Lysine Hydrochloride)
Lysine is an essential amino acid which are the building blocks of protein and are necessary for a vast number of internal functions to work properly, including growth.
Lean beef and lamb
Turkey and chicken
Supports a healthy gut ⁽¹⁾
Aids in the management of diabetes ⁽²⁾
Increases absorption of calcium
May reduce outbreak and frequency of cold sores ⁽³⁾
Reduces Anxiety and Other Psychological Symptoms ⁽⁴⁾
May Help in the Treatment of Cancer ⁽⁵⁾
Lysine is particularly important in the creation of carnitine, which converts fatty acids into energy and also lowers cholesterol levels. It also seems to play a role in absorbing calcium and helps the body form collagen, which aids in the growth and maintenance of bones and connective tissue (including skin). The most commonly practiced use of L-lysine is in the treatment of the herpes simplex virus, but it has various mechanisms and variations through which it may be able to fight cancer, reducing tumour size and causing cell death in cancer cells without damaging nearby healthy cells.
Products with Lysine (Lysine Hydrochloride)
Have a question?
Quality counts. From the way we source and manage ingredients, to the sophisticated ways they work together to target specific conditions.
Have a question about one of our products, where we source our ingredients or how we operate?
Ask our team of nutrition experts and scientists or take a look through our FAQs page.
Where are Ultra Nature products manufactured?
All of our vitamins and supplements are designed, tested, approved and manufactured in Australia.
Are all Ultra Nature Products TGA Approved?
Ultra Nature Products are Approved by the TGA where required, and, if so, carry an Aust L number on front of the product packaging.
The only product in our range that is not TGA approved is the Ultra Nature Propolis and Manuka Honey Oral Spray.
This product is classified as a food supplement due to the Manuka Honey Content, hence it does not require TGA Approval.
Where can I buy Ultra Nature products?
What age group is suitable to consume an adult dose?
As per TGA guidelines, an adult dose is suitable for individuals 18 years and older.
How should I store my vitamins and supplements?
We recommend referring to the label for safe storage guidance. In general, with any supplement, it is always recommend that you store them at an average room temperature of 25°C and you must not store them in direct sunlight or near heat.
1. Mine, Yoshinori, and Hua Zhang. “Anti-inflammatory Effects of Poly-L-lysine in Intestinal Mucosal System Mediated by Calcium-Sensing Receptor Activation.” Journal of agricultural and food chemistry vol. 63,48 (2015): 10437-47. doi:10.1021/acs.jafc.5b03812
2. Mirmiranpour, Hossein et al. “The Preventive Effect of L-Lysine on Lysozyme Glycation in Type 2 Diabetes.” Acta medica Iranica vol. 54,1 (2016): 24-31.
3. Singh, Betsy B et al. “Safety and effectiveness of an L-lysine, zinc, and herbal-based product on the treatment of facial and circumoral herpes.” Alternative medicine review : a journal of clinical therapeutic vol. 10,2 (2005): 123-7.
4. Smriga, Miro, and Kunio Torii. “L-Lysine acts like a partial serotonin receptor 4 antagonist and inhibits serotonin-mediated intestinal pathologies and anxiety in rats.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America vol. 100,26 (2003): 15370-5. doi:10.1073/pnas.2436556100
5. Dornelas, Conceição Aparecida et al. “Potential chemoprotective effects of green propolis, L-lysine and celecoxib on bone marrow cells and peripheral blood lymphocytes of Wistar rats subjected to bladder chemical carcinogenesis.” Acta cirurgica brasileira vol. 29,7 (2014): 423-8. doi:10.1590/s0102-86502014000700003